Sunday, March 22, 2009

Picnic Cake

I was reviewing some pictures of my older cakes and I came across this one. Isn't it the cutest? I made this cake a couple years ago - it was just after taking a marzipan sculpting course at George Brown College. All the characters and picnic items are made out of marzipan.

To be honest, this was a practice cake so it was just a fondant covered styrofoam dummy cake. I remember I kept this displayed in my kitchen for many many months - I just couldn't bare to throw it away. It was only the beginning of my career in cake - so sweet!

7 comments:

Baker's Cakes said...

Look at the little pie and the little pears!!! I wouldn't have been able to part with it either! So cute!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG - is that cheese and grapes! What amazing detail.

Anonymous said...

I just came across your site from a customer that posted on our site and all I can say is...WOW!!! Your creativity and attention to detail is truly amazing! I only wish you were closer to our Store - I know our bridal customers would be beating a path to your door if you were!

I'd love to add your blog to ours as we often have customers from Ontario who are looking for various vendors closer to them. Are you able to ship to Vancouver? I imagine it would be difficult...could you just move here instead?! :)

veggievixen said...

adorable little animals!

Anonymous said...

I think I actually see salad with tomatoes - there's no way!

Jacque said...

This is absolutely adorable. I love your attention to detail!!
Jacque Benson
:-)

leesh said...

The detail of the food is amazing. I love it. I am in awe that you can make such mini things with marzipan.