Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kalen's 1st Birthday


For Kalen's 1st Birthday - he had 2 parties and lots of Sweet Things!

I love all the cake ideas you can get and share over the internet.  Clients are either asking me to create something unique or they give me a picture to copy.

The first cake was requested to be similar to Wilton's Amazing Amazon Cake and add in a bit of my flair.  The cakes were alternating layer of chocolate and vanilla butter cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream. All the animals are handmade out of sugarpaste. And yes, those are tiny purple butterflies around the cake.

The second party was lots of banana cupcakes and sugar vanilla cookies.  The design for the cupcakes was based off of a great cupcake by Clever Cupcakes in Montreal.  I'm a huge fan of their absolutely creative designs. Make sure you check them out.



9 comments:

Steve said...

Those cookies were quite tasty!

Anonymous said...

The cake is wonderful, the animals look great. And you are right about Clever Cupcakes - excellent designs.

Anonymous said...

Wow Juanita - those look great. I can't wait to see Maseo's cake on Saturday.

Baker's Cakes said...

Kalen is one lucky kid!!! I love the cake! Yours is about 1000 times cuter than the Wilton cake! It actually gave me an idea for a 1st bday cake that I have coming up, so THANK YOU so much for sharing all of your beautiful cakes!

Anonymous said...

I like the added touch of your cake much better - excellent creation!

SweetThingsTO said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments.

Baker's Cake - keep me posted on what you do for that 1st bday cake!

Coco Cake Land said...

my goodness!!! really, really cute!!! i love the detail-- little butterflies, so cute...!

Bag Lady said...

It is cake???? yes, I believe, but looks quite impossible!

Sugar Daze said...

Just discovered your blog thanks to Zen Cupcake. Your designs are awesome and you are so creative. Love the cupcake on a cupcake and these star ones are fab too! Will be following you from now on....