Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bridal Shower Cake n' Cupcakes

As some of you might know, I'm getting married... yikes... in less than 2 months!  So, when I was asked to make another wedding dress cake, I had lots of inspiration from my own shopping trips.  The client allowed me to create whatever design I wanted for the bridal shower - so the bride's real dress design is still a surprise.

The cake was gluten-free chocolate cake and the cupcakes were zesty lemon with lemon buttercream.
And no.... this is not the design of my wedding dress.  That is still a surprise too!

14 comments:

Jenniffer said...

Oh, that dress is beautiful! Fantastic work as always!

TerraD said...

Amazing work! And congratulations!!!

Ann C said...

Very nice idea of the cake and cupcakes. I like the previous dress too.

Unknown said...

Wow, The dress cake is gorgeous.
Congratulations!

Deeva said...

Congratulations Juanita. Gorgeous work!

Unknown said...

Just lovely!

Jacqueline Butler said...

Really gorgeous work! I love the dress...and the little bit of yellow is stunning! Congratulations to you both!! Sending many good wishes for a beautiful day! Jacqueline

faithy said...

Congrats Juanita!! :D Lovely cupcake and i love that wedding dress topper!! Do post up photos of your wedding cake (have you asked someone else to do it?) and your big day too!

Petite Foury said...

Wooow! Speechless..I dream to make this kind of cake someday :-))

SweetThingsTO said...

Thanks so much for your comments and the well wishes.

Faithy - It may sound crazy, but I'm actually going to be putting together my own sweet table. I will definitely post pictures.

faithy said...

Wow! setting up your own sweet table..i'm impressed! Cant wait to see photos and your wedding dress, cake, sweet table etc! I'm sure it's going to be gorgeous and stunning and everything will turn out beautiful and wonderful! May God bless the both of you! CONGRATS again!! :D I'm so happy for you!

www.SocialCouture.com said...

This is so sweet and pretty. Thanks for the inspiration.

Luna said...

Beautiful cake & cupcakes!
And congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

irresistible desserts said...

Beautiful cake and cupcakes. Congratulations, can't wait to see what you come up with for your big day!!!