Tuesday, July 27, 2010

7-tier Wedding Cake

There is nothing worse than non-stop rain showers when you have to deliver a 7-tier wedding cake.  But I was very lucky, the rain subsided in the evening when I had to deliver this wedding cake to a reception held in Toronto's Distillery District.

This off-white 7-tier cake was alternating tiers of zesty lemon and strawberry vanilla cake.  Each tier was different heights and decorated with different styles, textures and lustre to give it a tall, elegant and grand look.
 
The bride provided me this photo of the gorgeous flower on her wedding dress which I replicated in sugarpaste.  I wanted it to be perfect - I actually re-made the flower 4 times to get it just right.
 

14 comments:

Jenniffer said...

Absolutely beautiful!! You did a wonderful job recreating that dress element!

Brandy L said...

WOW! Beautiful cake. I love all the details on it. Looks like it survived the rain. :D

Petite Foury said...

It's absolutely gorgeous! I love the details and most of all the flower. You did a great job! Just for the record :-), for how many people was that huge cake?

Anonymous said...

Wow that is amazing! Did you deliver it already stacked? Anything over 5 tiers makes me nervous, especially when im driving!

Pink Little Cake said...

Beautiful cake! The details are awesome

SweetThingsTO said...

Brandy L - Yes, it actually stopped about a half hour before I had to leave and held off. phew!

Petite Foury - The cake wasn't that big on servings as some of the tiers were shorter. It was supposed to feed 80-90, but I ended up making the tiers wider so I think it ended up feeding 110+

Kay Ryan - I never usually deliver anything over 3 tiers stacked - I couldn't handle that stress :-) So, this was in 2 stacked cakes.

Lena-TÃ¥rtan said...

WOW! Your cakes are amazing!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a show stopper! Absolutely gorgeous!

Maria_the_Oiler said...

beautiful elegance!

faithy said...

This is soooo gorgeous! I love your sugar flower!! Awesome awesome cake!! So elegant and classy!

Jacqueline Butler said...

Gorgeous Juanita! I have never made a cake this big...what an amazing project! Beautiful...and I love the flower you made! Fabulous work!

TerraD said...

Beautiful job!!!

giovanna said...

impressive!! gorgeous!

Unknown said...

4 times at making the flower...WOW....you are a perfectionist! and that is a good thing as you have made an absolutely, wonderful copy!
I don't know how I missed this cake, it is stunning!!! every little part of it!