Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Retro Halloween

What an eerie night of howling winds and sideways rain in Toronto.  I hope everyone is safe and warm out there.  This weather definitely sets the mood for Halloween tomorrow.

This past weekend, we went to a Retro Halloween party and I just love retro!!  So, I made some fun chocolate and strawberry cupcakes with that theme in mind. 
And always fun to match costumes with the sweets!  Here's our Instagram pic with our costumes.  My husband was the yellow spindle insert that you put in 45's (the funny glasses just seemed to work with it) and I was a mixed tape.  A couple people said that it would have been funny if my husband dressed up as a pencil - remember when the tape went loose and you hand to manually wind it up!  Ahhh memories!
Have a Happy Halloween!  I have a fun post coming this Friday.... see you then!

3 comments:

Jenniffer said...

OMG, you two are ADORABLE! Great costumes!! And the cupcakes are spot on as well! :)

Sylvia said...

Hahah too cute!

Coco Cake Land said...

haha... amazing!! so much fun, you guys are super cute!