Tuesday, October 2, 2012

5 Years Ago: My First Wedding Cake

I was just reminded that it has been 5 years since I made my first wedding cake!  I had made practice wedding cakes with styrofoam and special occasion cakes, but this was my first "real" wedding cake!

I felt so honored that my friend, Denise, would trust me to make her wedding cake.  It was her famous flourless chocolate cake recipe and the design required a freehand embossing technique.   I also remember offereing to give her the cake as her wedding gift.  She thought it was too generous so she had to give me something for the down payment.  She ended up giving me her triathlon wetsuit as I doing a lot of races that year.
Here are some photos of me setting up that wedding cake 5 years ago.  I was so nervous throughout the process but excited.  I dreamed that it would one day be my career, not just a hobby.
Fast forward 5 years.... hundreds of cakes later... Thank you so much for stopping by, reading my blog, leaving comments along the way and your continued business.
Happy 5 year Wedding Anniversary to Denise and Roland!  You'll never know how much it meant that your trusted me with your wedding cake and how it really kicked off my career!

6 comments:

Cake Fixation said...

Happy 5 year anniversary!

Erin said...

What a lovely tribute! And you've done so well over the last five years!

Jenniffer said...

Congratulations on 5 years and hundreds of satisfied customers! Your first wedding cake was beautiful!!

Pink Little Cake said...

Happy 5 year anniversary, your cakes are getting better and better! and this cake doesn't even look that it was your first!

Coco Cake Land said...

awww! amazing! you look so cute - 5 years flies by, eh. and yes you did an incredible job on your first wedding cake!!!

Kendall said...

Hi, I stop by every week! Love your blog, Last year I did my first weeding cake, but it was for people I didn't even know. The Groom worked with husband. I was very greatful that he had faith in me. Creating cakes has been a hobby and I hope that some day soon will be my career as well!
Great Job, thank you for sharing!!!
Kendall