Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Peacock-Inspired Wedding Cake

I love the idea of a peacock-inspired designs and use of the sharp colors.  This wedding cake also had elevated tiers so I could add some extra gold ribbon to enhance the design.

This wedding was held at the Capitol Event Theatre but was a little dark while I was setting up, so the photos are not the best as I had to use my flash.
The cake was alternating layers of vanilla bean and strawberry vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream.
And here is the Instagram-ized photo.  Am I following you on Instagram?  Leave me your handle and I'll come find you!

6 comments:

Jenniffer said...

I am loving this design, Juanita!

faithy said...

Such a gorgeous design!

Gardening sheds said...

Lovely! I am really impressed.

Paula said...

Very pretty cake. Just the right amount of colour in the peacock design to make the entire thing pop!

Love Your Cake said...

Oh i just love this!!! so simple but yet not simple...but very elegant! and why does instagram make everything look better?! ;)

Unknown said...

Beautiful cake! :-)