Friday, May 4, 2012

Pink Ombre Cake

Lately, all I see on Pinterest is the growing popularity of "Ombre" cakes.  I don't even know how to pronounce it correctly - is the origin French or Spanish?  Anyone know?

The only definition I could find is that "in fashion terms, it is a graduation of color".  Either way, I had to try it out!  In a similar design to this Bridal shower cake, I made this small cake which would be perfect for a baby shower, bridal shower or girls birthday.
 Here is a view from the top.  Have a great weekend and see you Tuesday!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Really lovely design! I just made a purple ombre ruffle cake for my Grans birthday. I really like the ombre trend in cakes.

Charlotte x

www.sugarruffles.com

What's Baking?? said...

A pretty cake and lovely shade of pink too.

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty, love it!

Anonymous said...

thats so cute and the yellow just sets it all off :)

smaira-dollymixfits.blogspot.com

faithy said...

This is soo pretty! I love anything ombre at the moment too..LOL!