Friday, May 4, 2012

Pink Ombre Cake

Lately, all I see on Pinterest is the growing popularity of "Ombre" cakes.  I don't even know how to pronounce it correctly - is the origin French or Spanish?  Anyone know?

The only definition I could find is that "in fashion terms, it is a graduation of color".  Either way, I had to try it out!  In a similar design to this Bridal shower cake, I made this small cake which would be perfect for a baby shower, bridal shower or girls birthday.
 Here is a view from the top.  Have a great weekend and see you Tuesday!

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Really lovely design! I just made a purple ombre ruffle cake for my Grans birthday. I really like the ombre trend in cakes.

Charlotte x

www.sugarruffles.com

What's Baking?? said...

A pretty cake and lovely shade of pink too.

Carolines Cake Company said...

This is so pretty, love it!

Smaira said...

thats so cute and the yellow just sets it all off :)

smaira-dollymixfits.blogspot.com

faithy said...

This is soo pretty! I love anything ombre at the moment too..LOL!