Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Rock n' Roll Cake n' Cupcakes

The theme given to me was The Rolling Stones, The Who and Rock n' Roll, so I came up with this cake n' cupcake tower.  All the decorations were handmade from sugarpaste - I really used a lot of my trusty xacto knife for this creation.

I usually take some pre-delivery photos to double check the set-up and also helps as many times the venue is not completely set up or does not have good lighting.  Here's the tower minus an extra cake tier which I will stack at the venue.
The cupcakes were strawberry vanilla and chocolate sour cream.  By the way, if you don't recognize the sugarpaste "records" then you are young!  :-)
Here is the final set-up with the additional tier.  I forgot to take photos from the other angles, but the cubes also had the guitar and record design on the other sides.

6 comments:

Pink Little Cake said...

What a great cake Juanita. The cupcake toppers are adorable.

Jenniffer said...

Awesome cake, Juanita! Love those logos!

Barb said...

I love how you used red and black throughout the design.

Maria_the_Oiler said...

I love it! You make me feel like liking cupcake.

Coco Cake Land said...

Awesome, Juanita!! Truly precise work with the old exacto!!

Tyiece said...

Sooo creative...I like it!!