Friday, June 5, 2009

First Communion Cakes

One of the best parts of designing and making cakes is that you are part of the planning process for such special occasions. I love talking to my clients and seeing the excitement they have to create the most special, personlized and perfect event. Today I wanted to share a selection of cakes and cupcakes that I have done for First Communion celebrations.

The above cake is a 3-tier cake with sugarpaste rosary, cross and the little boy celebrating his first communion - the cakes were chocolate and vanilla. Below we have a bible shaped chocolate sour cream cake. And also chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with fondant doves.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

These are lovely! I adore your doves! I was thinking of making one for one of my cakes once, but didn't have the guts to try and cut it by hand. Did you use a cutter?

SweetThingsTO said...

Cakedreamer - Thanks! I made my own dove shape out of shiny cardboard. Then I just cut them out in fondant with an Xacto knife.

veggievixen said...

you do such amazing work! i love the cupcakes.

Heather said...

What a wonderful thing to have at a first communion party - a gorgeous 3-tier cake!

Anonymous said...

I love your designs! Ann

SweetThingsTO said...

Thank you ladies.

Ann - the two cakes were actually not my original designs. Each of the clients sent me photo of cakes they found online. So I can't take the credit and I don't know who the original designers are.