Friday, April 20, 2012

Coffee Mug & Magazine Cake for my Alumni University

I have so many great memories from my University days at Wilfrid Laurier in Waterloo, Ontario.  I graduated about ... gulp... 15 years ago with a Business Degree.

I was honoured when they asked to interview me for their Alumni magazine.  I, of course, had to make them something sweet and special.  I made a magazine & coffee cup cake with a selection of cupcakes with assorted cake designs.
The article was a 5-page feature called: Starting from scratch:  Juanita Koo leaves the corporate world behind to fill her life with sweet things.   It was very weird to see myself in print.  Here is the Instagram-ized photo of one of the pages of the article (Page 16-20 if you want to read).
Here's another photo of the cakes - I had so much fun making them and everyone at the magazine was amazing to work with.   I'm so thankful!

5 comments:

Cake Fixation said...

How exciting! I love the magazine cake!

Pink Little Cake said...

Congratulations on the magazine feature,you look great in that picture working so hard on that cake.
The cake you made for them is full of details, love it.

faithy said...

Congrats! I love the magazine cake too and the details too!

What's Baking?? said...

wow..such beauties. I think I'd end up keeping the 'magazine' cake rather than eat it.

Paula said...

This is wonderful! What a fantastic job you did.
My nephew and his wife graduated from Laurier a few years ago (Business) and went on to get their CA accreditation. My niece is attending Laurier now and is in her 3rd year.