Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sesame Street Cake n' Cupcakes

Sesame Street characters just makes you smile, so I had so much fun making these characters out of sugarpaste.  I loved how the cake turned out for a little boy's 2nd birthday.

The top tier was Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry buttercream.  The bottom tier was chocolate sour cream cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream.
I'm not sure who my favorite character is, but I was told that the boy loved Cookie Monster the best.
I dug up these photos of cupcakes that I have made for some other clients - how fun are these?

11 comments:

S said...

cutest cupcakes in the world! x shayma

Jenniffer said...

This is AMAZING! You did a perfect job on this cake!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Especially love Elmo (oh, and Burt and Ernie), (and Grover(was that the blue ones name??)) They are ALL great!

Needful Things said...

awesome!!
my kids would go ga-ga over this cake~!

Cheryl said...

amazing creation Juanita. Your sugar characters look identical to the Sesame Street characters. This must take you so much time to do.

giovanna said...

love it all! great job

Brandy L said...

OMG! So cute! i love the cookies in the train. :D

faithy said...

WOW!!! Your modeling is PERFECT! All the sesame street characters are awesome! I'm sure it's every kids dream cake! I won't mind having this as my birthday cake too..:D

Deeva said...

You did a great job on the characters. A+!!!!

Annie said...

Super cute! I love your work!

dining room table said...

My kids did not have the chance to enjoy Sesame Street at its peak. I guess I have to introduce it in this way! Cute cupcakes!