Sunday, January 18, 2009

It's not your typical Baby Shower Cake!

The baby shower cake was a hit! I think this might be my favourite cake so far!

It wasn't your typical baby shower - it was a very fancy lunch at Pangaea in Yorkville. Gentlemen and kids were allowed and there wasn't any opening of presents with ooh's and aaahs. That definitely would have scared the men away! :-)

This 4-tiered cake served over 80 people and was layers of rich chocolate cake with swiss meringue buttercream. All decorations were handmade out of sugarpaste - I think my favourite decorations were the ducks.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

So awesome. When are you going to be on a Food Network cake challenge?!

Chad said...

That is the coolest cake ever! Great job Juanita!

Unknown said...

Trust me, it was the centre of attraction at our baby shower. Everybody with a camera took pictures and all the kids wanted the pacifier or the rubber ducks.

Well done Juanita and thanks again!

Unknown said...

That's the most AMAZING cake I've ever seen!! (Except for all your other cakes.) Wow, Sweet Things, way to go!!

Sugarbloom Cupcakes said...

WOW! Fabulous work, very clever!

The Gomes Family said...

I just stumbled onto your blog that is a fabulous cake, I am so impressed!

Kim Vallee said...

What an superb cake! I spotlighted it with other of your creations on my blog. We have to spread the words on your talent.

Anonymous said...

Great work! I love the hat and rattle the best :D

Steve said...

Good Job on this!